26 March 2007

This Weekend's Adventures

Sunday morning we went out to my favorite garden in the area. Sure, there's the Japanese Garden, the International Rose Test Garden, and the Classical Chinese Garden, but the Elk Rock Gardens of the Bishop's Close not only has the coolest name, but is the most peaceful, beautiful garden in all of PDX land. Its hidden just well enough that there's never the mob scene you'll find at the other above mentioned public gardens.
I don't even remember how I discovered this place, I think it might have been mentioned in Chuck Palahniuk's "Fugitives and Refugees: A Walk in Portland, Oregon."
Six acres perched on a bluff above the Willamette, with a neat old house, lots of magnolias, rhododendrons, and various other flowering smelly good bushes. I think we visited a week late because it seemed to be just past its peak, but here's a few highlights...







No comments: