20 July 2006

What it Means to be a Hoosier

I just stumbled onto this blog randomly tonight.
Spot fucking on.

Excerpt from Shae's Place

"I'm going to make a call," I'd tell Mom. "Is it long distance?" she'd ask. "Don't stay on there longer than a minute. Say what you need to say and get off there."

"But I have things to say. Here, here's five dollars; at your 7.5-cents-a-minute rate that's more than enough for my call."

"No, I don't want your five dollars. I just don't want you to stay on there long." Mom would say. You see, it isn't the five dollars, or the fact that she has to spend it. It's that the money, no matter where it comes from, is ill-spent. Hoosiers can't stand that.

"But I need to make a call, and I'm willing to pay for it," I would say. "Here's ten dollars."

"No, I don't want your ten dollars. I just don't want you to stay on there long."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! That was super sweet.

I'm glad you stopped by!