15 January 2009

Caught a trucker out of Philly, had a nice long toke.

I love me some Bluegrass. At least a couple times a day, some old timey song plays in my head. Country and Gospel and Bluegrass music was everywhere around me growing up, and after a healthy period of rejection, I'm now even able to listen to commercial pop country radio.
An hour of that makes me thankful that there are plenty of folks still playing the Bluegrass, even out here in the NW, there's plenty of shows to go see. Tuesday night Jackstraw at the Laurelthirst is always a sure bet. Show up early to get a table, or you'll end up standing in an awkward location, eating your quesedilla standing up.


This charmingly bizarre video from Old Crow Medicine Show makes me happy. I've loved this song for years, but somehow have never encountered the video.

1 comment:

Ding said...

Whoa. I didn't notice it the first time I saw this video, but the lead singer reminds me of Huffman.