22 April 2009

Speed 30 Miles



About a year ago, I posted about my love of Oregon's speed limit (speed suggestion) signs. I finally managed to get a picture of this old soldier that still stands guard just five blocks from la casa. Not sure why I never managed to take a picture until recently, I've admired it for years. I love how awkward the wording is, "Speed 30 Miles." I've seen these signs in old pictures, but this is the only specimen I've discovered in the wild.
Our current "Oregon Speed" sign is peculiar enough, but this early version is even weirder. I've noticed even more of the US standard "Speed Limit" signs appearing on the freeways around the city in the past year.
Sadly that old rotting wooden Broadway Bridge directional that used to hang at Vancouver & Williams was replaced last year, and now I can't find a picture of it anywhere. That reminds me, I need to get down to Swan Island and take some pics of all those old button reflector signs that still populate the area.

No comments: